NGAFL Annual State Conference
The 2019 Annual State Conference for the National Guard Association of Florida will be held July 18-21, 2019 at the Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront Resort. 333 1st Street SE St Petersburg, FL 33701 (727)894-5000. Room rate is $119.00 per night. Overnight parking is $8.00 per car, day parking is $10.00 per day.
–Attendee Annual State Conference
- Overview – The Florida Air National Guard is hosting the annual National Guard Officer & Enlisted Associations of Florida conference at The Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront, July 18-21, 2019.
- Lodging – For those staying at The Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront, we have arranged a special room rate of $119.00 per night for a single or double room. To receive the special rate call 1-727-894-5000 and identify as a participant of the National Guard Association Conference no later than June 15, 2019. Rooms are limited and due to the location and time of year the remaining rooms will sell out quickly once released back to the hotel. Parking at the hotel is limited and costs $8.00 per-day for self-parking. In addition, there are various parking garages within walking distance to the hotel.
- Professional Development Sessions – as noted on the enclosed Registration Form, the Association will present various professional development seminars on Friday and Saturday. New this year is a breakout for Battalion/Squadron Command teams to discuss leadership dynamics.
- Keynote speakers – With a new Governor and Adjutant General, this year’s Conference will certainly be special. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear about the future of the National Guard from both a State and National level perspective as well as recognize and honor the many contributions of our Airmen and Soldiers.
- Golf Tournament – the annual NGAFL golf tournament is scheduled for Friday morning, July 19, 2019 at the Cove Cay Golf Club. Please see enclosed registration form for details.
- Opening Ceremonies – this year we are moving the traditional Opening Ceremonies to Friday 19, July 2019 from 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM. This change provides more venues for members to engage in professional development opportunities on Saturday July 20, 2019. Several Association reports will be discussed at this time with the remaining business session items occurring on Saturday July 20, 2019. The uniform for all meetings on Friday and Saturday will be Army/Air “Class B”.
- Exhibit Hall / Official Ribbon Cutting – the Exhibit Hall will open on Friday, the 19th of July at 2:00 PM with the Official Ribbon Cutting commencing at 5:30 PM. Friday afternoon and evening is designated as Corporate Appreciation Day. Please join us in the exhibit hall from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM for refreshments and thank our Corporate Partners for their generous support to our association.
- Friday Evening – no Association events are planned for Friday evening. Members and families will have the opportunity to enjoy the Downtown Waterfront District which has numerous shops and restaurants. Of interest in the local area is The Dali Museum of Fine Arts as well as MLB game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Chicago White Sox’s (tickets cost around $15.00). https://www.mlb.com/rays/tickets/specials – once on the website select the Salute to Service tab.
- Saturday Fun Run – the 5K Run/Walk will be on Saturday Morning, the 20th of July on the boardwalk adjacent to the hotel and Tampa Bay with registration beginning at 6:00 AM and the 5K Run/Walk beginning at 6:30 AM. You can pre-register for this event using the attached form or on line @ www.floridaguard.org.
- Silent Auction – the Enlisted Association Auxiliary’s Silent Auction will open in the exhibit hall on Thursday at 12:00 PM and close at 2:00 PM on Saturday; it is open to all conference attendees. This is a major fund-raiser for the Auxiliary, so please show support by bringing items to donate. All auction items must be paid for and picked on Saturday NLT 3:00 PM. Contact Mrs. Marie Brabham with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spouse/Guest Events – We invite Spouses to join the new TAG’s wife on Saturday July 20, 2019 from 10 AM – 12 PM at the first Spouse Event of the conference. In addition, Spouses are invited to participate in a Canvas Painting Party from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM. With fun and professional teachers providing all the necessities, they will guide you step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece to take home with you after the event. The cost for this event is $35.00 and is limited to the first 40 who sign up.
- Military Ball – starting at 7:00 PM on Saturday we will have the first inaugural NGAFL Association Military Ball with lite appetizers (“no dinner meal will be served”), music and dancing, and conclude with the MSC Hospitality Rooms. Attire for the NGAFL Association Ball is as follows:
Formal Attire Army: Officer/Enlisted Mess Dress or Army Service Uniform with Bow Tie
Formal Attire Air: Officer/Enlisted Mess Dress/Semi Formal
Civilian: Men: Tuxedo/ Dark Suit – Ladies: Formal Dress/ Evening Gown
13. Prayer Breakfast – we will end our Conference with the Prayer Breakfast on Sunday Morning. Please join us as we reflect on another successful year of the Association advocating on behalf of the entire National Guard and as we look forward to future challenges facing the National Guard.
14. Amendments – any amendments to the Bylaws of the NGAFL must be presented to the President 24 hours prior to the convening of the first session (Article VIII, Bylaws). Amendments to the Constitution must be presented in writing to the President 30 days prior to the date of the conference (Article XI, Constitution).
- Registration – (register on or before July 1, 2019 to avoid a late fee) please complete the enclosed registration form and return the form with your preferred payment method to the address above or you can register online @ www.floridaguard.org.
16. Updates – please check our web site at www.floridaguard.org or our app at NGAFL (download from the app store) regularly for updates. We look forward to seeing you and your family and having a great conference.
17. Official DA Photos – While at the conference, set an appointment with SSG Fleischmann to update your DA photo. Email appointment requests to email@example.com
Richard Elam Rachael Rosenberg
Hotel Reservations: http://group.hilton.com/NtlGuardAssocFL
Other parking options available:2019 Hilton Bayfront Downtown Parking Information
Visit this page to plan your stay in St Petersburg for our conference. http://www.discoverdowntown.com/
For Corporate Registration to attend our conference Please click this Link for information and Registration.
48th EANGUS Annual Conference
Event: EANGUS 48th Annual Conference
When: August 4-7, 2019
Where: Des Moines, IA
NGAUS 141th Annual Conference
Where: Denver, CO
When: August 30-September 2, 2019
Travel days August 29 & September 3rd.
If you are interested in attending please contact our office at (904)823-0629